Pianist for Trinity Baptist Church, Vacaville, California
The families of Trinity Baptist Church, a growing/thriving congregation, with a little over 500 members, in Vacaville, California, are seeking the right individual to become our main Church Pianist/accompanist for our worship services and rehearsals. This is a compensated ministry opportunity. (We are also seeking a 2nd Assistant Pianist who would be willing to share some of the ministry duties or fill-in from time to time.)
Any interested person(s) should contact Pastor Joe at the Church Office (Monday-Friday) 707-448-5430 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please read the info below.
Church Pianist/Accompanist must:
- Be a Christian who is actively growing in their Christian faith, and is a good role model of Christian character.
- Become a member of Trinity Baptist Church.
- Attend preaching/teaching portion of Worship Service(s).
- With the counsel of the pastoral staff, find and participate in a regular Bible study group to encourage continued strong spiritual growth and to deepen ministry to the TBC family.
- Sense God’s leading. While the Church Pianist is a paid ministry opportunity, the pianist should sense God calling them to a music ministry and view this opportunity as a ministry and not a job.
Arrive 30 minutes before services (unless prior agreement made with Minister of Music or designated church leadership).
- Sunday Morning Services (2) – be available from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm. Current Sunday morning service times are 8:00 am and 10:30 am. Effective September 3, 2017, Sunday morning service times will be 9:00 am. and 10:30 am.
- Sunday Evening Services – be available from 5:30 – 7:30 pm. Service meets from 6:00 – 7:00 pm. It is possible for the pianist to coordinate with music leadership to share Sunday night responsibilities with other pianists.
- Christmas Eve – Two services meet at 5:00 and 7:00 pm. It is possible for the pianist to coordinate with music leadership to share Christmas Eve services responsibilities with other pianists.
Arrive 30 minutes before rehearsals (unless prior agreement made with Minister of Music or designated church leadership).
- Wednesday night Adult Choir Rehearsal – Be available from 6:00 – 8:30 pm. The choir rehearses from 6:30 – 8:00 pm. Due to holidays or church calendar challenges, this rehearsal may move to Tuesday night approximately 3 times a year.
- Extra choir rehearsals as needed and announced in advance. It is possible for the pianist to coordinate with music leadership to share these rehearsal responsibilities with other pianists.
- Rehearsals of ensembles, soloists, quartets, instrumentalists, etc. as requested, while attempting to not add extra time.
- LIVE NATIVITY choir rehearsals (mid-September through the 2nd week of December) meets most Sunday afternoons from 4:45 – 5:35 pm. Plus three Saturday mornings from 9:00 am – Noon. It is possible for the pianist to coordinate with music leadership to share these rehearsal responsibilities with other pianists.
- Practice all music (i.e. choruses, hymns, choir music, specials, etc.) to help teach music to vocalists/choir and to faithfully interpret the text.
- Prepare all assigned service music, paying close attention to the “Worship Outline Sheet” (which gives order and elements of the worship services) typically provided on Wednesday nights.
- Maintain piano/keyboard skills with regular practice.
- Adapt accompaniments to the appropriate instrument (i.e. at times a keyboard may be used during services/rehearsals).
- As needed, review and select appropriate new piano music for use in worship services. The pianist may purchase the music or request the music be purchased by the TBC Music Ministry. Music purchased by the TBC Music Ministry will be the property of TBC Music Ministry and on loan to the pianist.
- Responsible for notifying the Minister of Music or designated church leadership if the Sanctuary piano needs additional tuning or requires maintenance or repair.
- Responsible for uncovering/covering the Sanctuary piano before/after each rehearsal/service and keep it dusted and clean, using proper materials provided by Music Ministry. Keep storage areas around the Sanctuary piano neat.
- While not required, the pianist may be asked to play for funerals/memorial services, weddings, special services, etc., with additional compensation offered.
- Communicate to the Minister of Music or designated church leadership any concerns or needs related to the Pianist Ministry.